Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Here's the dealio...

I've been away for a bit. I just couldn't summon the energy to actually write a blog post. As I said in the previous post I had the BLUES. It was a bit more than that and the doctor put me on two anti-depressants. The medication is helping and I am beginning to feel human again. Beginning to feel my body, mind, and spirit starting to "gel" again.
That's something interesting in itself...my body doesn't like me...at all. I've mentioned previously, as well, that I have Lupus, and RA (rheumatoid arthritis), hashimoto's disease, and likely a condition called Sjogren's. When last I felt this sad and yucky I was right in the middle of finding out I had Hashimoto's disease. What that is, is a disorder where the thyroid gland is attacked by the immune system causing one of two conditions. You can go between hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism (usually in what is called a "storm"). I have hypothyroidism as my thyroid gland is not producing hormone. I have never gone to the hyper side and usually control the thyroid hormone with dessicated thyroid tablets. Sometimes, the condition gets worse and you won't even know it. Your body will produce even less hormone or need more hormone or the medication is not working the way it should and you find that you are fatigued, your hair is falling out, skin is not as fresh, you are short with people, you cry all the time, etc etc etc. What does that look like? DEPRESSION!
See, I am not crazy? I had blood work done when I went to the doctor and last week the doctor's office called and said I needed to come in. I couldn't go to a regular clinic doctor at the office. I HAD to see my family doctor. Today she confirmed that my thyroid is acting up. It may be a pain response so along with the depression meds I am going back on a Lupus medication called methotrexate...or as I like to call it...METH. LOL
Hey, what to you call a female hero? Just wondering.
I also have dry kidneys (whatever that is) and that is being monitored.
Soon I will get some projects on the go so I have something to talk about here.

Coming next blog post: My community's annual camping trip and some thoughts on it.

3 comments:

  1. ~hugs~ :( Well I am glad you are getting stuff to help you. I remember what it was like when I felt like my whole body was falling apart. ~hugs~ <3 you

    ReplyDelete
  2. big big hugs sparrow! :( I've seen the RA act up in my little brother its bad stuff. I hope you get on the right meds for everything and it balances out. hope to hear you and mojo on the wigglian way soon! much love to you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will comment on the camping trip on the post after tomorrow's post. Yikes, I knew I forgot something.

    ReplyDelete