Saturday, December 31, 2011

Final blog post of the year?

It could be. It depends what else happens today.
Today I am grateful that my hubby asked me to walk the dogs with him. We have a route that we usually take. First, we walk down the hill to our neighbourhood park. This park is partly manicured and partly wild. It's a lovely place to meander in. If it hasn't rained in a bit we take the "wilder" paths. If it's like today and it "snowed" (for 3 min) and rained then it's better to stick to the paved paths. There are a lot of hills and I would rather not slip and fall down one. We usually end up going to visit the river with it's Yin and Yang aspects. It's soothing. A little jaunt up a hill and we are in the dog park. It's a gorgeous dog park with MASSIVE Mighty Oaks to visit with. The dogs play and I go say hi to the trees by sitting on a bench under their huge limbs. I love that spot in the summer too! It's cooler and the sunshine dapples through.
After we finish at the dog park we make our way through the neighbourhood. It's a wonderful neighbourhood. Today I took pictures of a rock garden at one of the homes and also some budding bushes at another. Lastly, we walk up a steep hill (there is no shortage of hills in New Westminster- you can't walk anywhere without climbing one) to our house. Today we left in the "snowshower" and within moments were enjoying amazing sunshine. It was brisk and crisp and I loved it.
For those of you who don't know what a Canadian Winter looks like...the following pictures should be illuminating.
The other thing I am thankful for? My iPhone camera. I always have a camera with me because I always have my iPhone with me. Here are some pictures of my walk today. I am sad I didn't take river pictures.



                                         
                                          There are huge mountains in this picture. You just can't see them. It's too cloudy.
                                          My house is on that hill, in this picture, but I can't find it. LOL
                                          I sort of think the rock on the right is petrified dung.
                                                     If you look closely you can see the white stripes in at least 3 of these                                stones..



Okay okay okay, these pictures are NOT indicative of a typical Canadian winter. These show what it's like in winter in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. These winters are a lot of why I live here. There are a few other reasons. Like Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment