Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012...so far, so good.

I woke up! 
I woke up without a hangover! How? I didn't drink anything alcohol last night. It was a quiet evening and I was in the covers by 12:10 am. I wanted to go to bed earlier but it wasn't going to happen when I started to see fireworks from my living room window. I can see parts of 5 different cities from my window. My house is on a big hill surrounded by mountains. I can see a little bit of Surrey, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Burnaby, and of course New Westminster. The hills were lighting up with splashes of gorgeous colour for about an hour starting at 11:45pm. After Midnight I listened to them from my warm cosy bed. 
I am not sure you can see any fireworks in this picture but that is the view from my living room window. Looking towards Port Coquitlam. 
I slept like a log all night not even waking up for a drink of water. 
When I woke up this morning I wandered into the living room. The blinds were still open and I almost fell to my knees with the amazing sight that I saw. It was clear and I was able to see sharp snow covered mountains peeking up from the more rounded ones in front of them. I took pictures with my iphone. I don't know if they can even give a slight glimpse of the divine gorgeousity that I experienced this morning. I truly hope that you can see some of it. 
                                          Fall on Your Knees! Looking towards Coquitlam.
                                           Looking towards Port Coquitlam (which is different than Coquitlam).

                                           Looking towards Burnaby (and probably Port Moody as well). 
                                           One of the views towards Surrey. ( I am not sure but I think you can see my eldest Son's apartment building). 
Ciao for now! Happy New Year!! 

I may blog later about magic. 

1 comment:

  1. Sigh, what a glorious view!! Wish we lived more uphill, lol. Oh well, we go for a walk and get to see those gorgeous mountains :) Glad you had a good night and morning, lady!

    ReplyDelete