Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Every once in awhile I am going to share posts with you from my old blog called

Sparrow in Paradise (one Witch's-almost everyday-musings on life)

 I will share them to show how much life changes or how much it stays the same...or just because I feel like it.
The following was posted January 12th, 2006. Six years ago. How times have changed. I bet they change even more in the next 2 or 3 years. In fact, I know they will. 
Enjoy. 

  Well, it's a new calendar year.I am waiting to see what happens. 
This year feels like it is going to be different.
I don't make resolutions but I am going to have a different sort of a year. I just had my evaluation done at work and I have a few goals there. There are some courses that my boss has recommended and I am looking forward to taking. One is on theory and one will be related to relaxation. The relaxation one will further my goals towards my magickal life. The theory will be interesting at the least.
Also, I have interviewed with a High Priestess to become part of a Circle (Coven). I haven't had that closeness in the Craft for about two years. I really miss the group in Edmonton and am really psyched about continuing the path with another group. It is one that I have been watching for the almost two years I have been here. I should know by tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Then I will tell my very good friend. I hope he is okay with it and knows it doesn't necessarily mean I don't want to cirlce with him. Sometimes we will...but I need a "family".
I've got goals to improve my home so that the family will feel even more like it is a sanctuary. I'd like it to be more organised. I am NOT a great housekeeper so that is an astronomical goal...LOL.
Philip's parents sent us some Holiday money from Ireland and we purchased a huge aquarium with the money. Already, we have 7 fish in the tank. There were 8 but one of the guppy females already died. Jake really likes the guppy family. He thinks it's great that the one male needs at least two females or one will die. Haha, what a way to teach children about polyamory, huh?
We are hoping to get some gourami, angelfish, and a few sharks, but this is a tester tank right now. In fact the kids have named the fish..Tester 1, Tester 2, Tester 3, Testercle (lol) and so on.
Anyhoo, yep, it is 2006 and I feel that this year is one that will change my life.
I hope that yours will be as good as I feel mine is going to be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment