Saturday, January 14, 2012

Here I am at Mojo's. It's 9:25 am and I didn't sleep well last night. However, we have a meeting here at 2pm so I need to be here now. Mojo drove all the way to come get me in the morning for a meeting in the afternoon.
Why?
Because it is snowing. Yes, snowing. We don't know how much it will snow by afternoon and because he lives on a mountain it was a good idea to get here early.
I do not like snow. I detest it. Well, that isn't exactly true. Today it's fluffy and pretty and makes everything look clean and fresh. Everyone's yards are equalised and it's all good. The world is at peace. Right?
What I don't like is the cold that makes snow. I like rain in the winter but I don't like snow. I also don't like how it looks when it's melting. I don't like how it looks with salt or ice melt or whatever they put on the roads. I don't like how cold and icy it is so people put that fake salt down that burns the paws of my dogs. Poor guys.
I hate slipping on ice and snow.
I spent thirty seven years of my life in the land of ice and snow. It was snowy and freezing for more than half the year. It wouldn't be surprising to have snow in July or August. I've stood outside waiting for a bus and felt my toes freeze so much that they felt like they had fallen off and were bouncing around in my boot. Not many people know what it's like to feel like there is a chance you could die walking to the local convenience store for milk for your kid's breakfast but I do. Minus 40 is NOT fun. It's not fun in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
That's why I moved here where it is not supposed to snow. That's for the mountains...the REAL mountains (with peaks and stuff).
I want my rain back!!

                                                    Looks like the edge of the world is right after those houses. There aren't mountains out there. Or 4 more cities. 
                                                   Usually, you can see houses out this window.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. I spent many years in frigid, snowy climes, and I don't relish snow when it shows up around here.

    Quick factoid: -40 Celsius is exactly as cold as -40 Fahrenheit. It's the point at which the two scales intersect. As you said, no fun either way.

    ReplyDelete