Sunday, January 1, 2012

So you say you're from Alberta...

When's the last time you skated? This is a question I sometimes ask myself. Everyone from Alberta can skate. Right?
Today I went to the local rink and laced up the skate. Put on a helmet. And stuck to the boards for about 10 min. Then I skated. Like a 4 year old, but I skated. It's been about 30 years since I was on the ice. I had two surgeries in my teens and the doctor told me to NOT skate or ski again. Did I listen? For 30 years I did but no more. That was fun!


                                           Obviously, I am in the grey coat. With a brain bucket. I like my brain.
Philip went too! It was his very first time ice skating. There isn't a lot of ice skating in Ireland. He did really good and would like to go back.
                                                    Right after this he put a helmet on. He likes his brain too.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! skating = wwwhhheeeeeee! no matter how young, old, good, bad or whatever. I'm so glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete