Thursday, June 23, 2011

Achy Breaky Heart

I  c a n  b a r e l y  t y p e  t h i s  o u t.

Every muscle in my body is aching but in a good way. Is there such a thing as a "good way" of aching? So THEY say but who the Hel are THEY anyway?
I walk every day. Twice usually. The hounds demand to be walked. If they aren't walked for at least 30 minutes twice a day they let you know that you are not seriously paying attention to your responsibilities...by creating more responsibilities. I tend to walk up hill. I have to. I have no choice. I live in New Westminster. Sometimes they use New West streets in movies for San Francisco. You get the idea. There are hills here. I live on a hill. It sometimes feels like a mountain. If I walk downhill...that just means that I will have to walk up hill eventually.
I also try to do yoga every day but honestly I have fallen off that horse. Don't get me wrong. I am getting back on that horse. I love the way my body feels when I am doing and being Yoga. Mind, body, spirit. It's all good in downward facing dog.
The other day I made a mistake. A HUGE mistake. I told my BFF (Mojo) that I would be at least 30lbs lighter by the time we go to Salem in the Fall. I didn't want to be kicked of the plane like Kevin Smith so drastic measures have to be taken. Alright, not that drastic. I am not massive. Just fluffy. I am not fond of being fluffy/pudgy/fleshy etc etc etc. Well, I made "announcement' so I have to do something about it. I will have to do something about it or I know it will come back to bite me on my fluffy ass.
Not one to spend money on stuff you don't have to spend money on I wracked my brain to think of things I could do to amp up my exercise regimen. Running! Running? WTF? Are you crazy (this is becoming a theme)? Apparently I am. I am bat assed crazy. Yeah, there, I said it. I must be. Last night I added an iPhone app based on the "couch 2 5k" program that at least one of my friends is doing. This morning I had my coffee, laced up my running kicks, and set out to run. In this program you start by walking 5 minutes, then run for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, run for 60 seconds...and so forth for 6 repetitions and then cool down by walkng for 5 minutes. I made five of the six repetitions. Not bad for my first day. I won't call myself a runner yet but I think I might like it. Now to go find steel reinforced sports bras. That killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment