Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 4 of 30 Days of Thankful

So far, so good. I've made it four days and I haven't quit yet.
Today I am thankful for two things but one is caused by the other. Because of the medication I am on my taste buds and appetite have changed drastically. First, I don't have much of an appetite and have to remind myself, and sometimes force myself, to eat. If someone else didn't remind me some days I probably wouldn't eat. I just don't get hungry any more. I'll take it though, some of the medications I am on sometimes make me gain weight and I have a bit to lose. It's not the best way, but it's a kick start. Anyway, my taste buds have also changed. Normally, I LOVE chocolate and sweets but lately chocolate is too sweet and I don't really like the taste. I also used to adore eating leafy green salads but just the thought makes my stomach turn. Fruit is also pretty much yucky lately as well. In the end I seem to like a teeny bit of protein and some carbs now and that's about it. That and Lays plain potato chips but I keep that to a minimum.
What I am really thankful for is San Pellegrino Blood Orange flavour. It is so tasty and refreshing and hydrates me. There is some real juice in it and that makes be feel good because at least then I am getting some fruit. Yes, I am laughing at that too. I would laugh if any one told me that in a serious tone. I am telling you that in a serious tone.
I am very thankful for that soda though. It makes me want to ingest something. Yay!
That brings me to the other "thing" I am grateful for. That is Jason, my second son. He's 19 and works at a grocery store. Now that he is making money he is buying some grocery items and bringing them home. The other day he brought home the san pellegrino and I fell in love....hehe
Okay, that's not the only reason that I am thankful for Jason. Jason, or Jaybird as I have called him since he was a baby is my "quiet" son. Now, I have to admit that is sort of a misnomer as his older brother (who I am also thankful for...but on another day) is also quiet. Jason is thoughtful. He's a worrier. He is funny, like his brothers, but he is also more serious than they are sometimes. Jaybird is the middle son and he has had to deal with being the middle child. When he was in elementary school Philip and I had to tell him to misbehave in school. He was too well behaved. Jason was a people pleaser and he needed to learn to please himself.
Jason is an atheist and will ask questions and he will make you think about your own spirituality. He NEVER does it in a rude or mean way. It's more that you come out of conversation thinking of things you'd never thought of. Ohhhh, I just read the part where I said Jaybird is my "quiet" son...he was also my loudest. He didn't stop screaming from the day he was born until he was 18 months old. Never. Not one day. He had a lot to say, said it, and then was quiet until he turned 18 years old. Except for the guitar. That was attached to his hip from the time he was 13 or so until he had to start working. He has less time for it now. That is another thing that I am proud of and thankful for when it comes to Jason. He works hard wherever he is working and doesn't slack off. He is also polite. I KNOW he is the man that gets up on the bus to let someone else sit. I know it. I'm also thankful that I am not a Granny yet. Thank you Jason (although you keep telling me about all the kids you have in Ireland and how happy you will be to see them again for the first time).
Jason, I can't write all the reasons I am thankful for you...just know that I am.

Jason and his baby cousin, Liam.

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs are well articulated, thoughtful and thought invoking. I am enjoying them very much, and NOT just because I am your Aunt. If your writing was crap, I'd be the first to tell you -- with a hug of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Auntie. I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete