Friday, November 25, 2011

This one is slick...

Today I am thankful for the "kid line" of the Edmonton Oilers. Yes, young hockey players. I've been an Oilers fan for about 25 years and not since the "heyday" have I been this excited about the game. The heyday is when I started to be interested in the game. Until then I didn't know or understand it. I'd watched it with my Daddy when I was a little girl and enjoyed my time with him. But, not until I met some players did I watch avidly.
This year we got Sportsnet West on cable so that we could watch the games all the way over here in Lotusland but it didn't work. I had to order Centre Ice at 200 dollars a season (not including the playoffs-how am I going to watch the playoffs?) to be able to watch every single game that I want to, which is every one.
The "kid line" is
Jordan Eberle (21)


Taylor Hall (20)

and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (18)


Today I am thankful for these three young men for making a short escape possible...and for making me think my beloved team could quite possibly make it to the Stanley Cup Finals in the Spring.
Three stars if you noticed that I got a picture of each player in different Oilers uniforms.
These are MY three Stars.
I think it's also because they are the same ages as my 3 sons...give or take a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment