Sunday, November 27, 2011

Whooooooooooo Nelly!

I missed a day again. You'll forgive me. I have.

Mojo and some other friends were going to be downtown for The 99th Grey Cup festival. We thought it would be fun for me so I packed an overnight bag and headed into downtown Vancouver. I left fairly early (9am) and so a blog was not in the workings. When I got to the hotel where Mojo and C and C (I don't know if they'd want their names all over the interwebs) and their baby Astrid were staying the day began. In style. 
There's nothing like Folgers in your cup. UNLESS its Baileys in your Starbucks. OMG twice. What a way to get your day of partying started. I made a deal with myself because I know how Mojo can drink and he's got a few pounds on me...and he's a boy...and he's not on meds that you shouldn't drink with. The deal was...2 drinks...then 2 glasses of water...then 2 drinks...then two glasses of water.
This is how it went.
From the beginning.
When I got downtown, 2 drinks of baileys and coffee, two glasses of water. Then I nice lull in the day (meaning a whole 2 hours where I didn't drink) until we get to the party at the Lion's Den. I know I am forgetting something here but you'll know why shortly. 
At the Lion's Den I was good. Two beers, one glass of water, two beers. Then I danced....then I had two more beers. I was feeling fine so I didn't think the water was necessary. There was a lot of dancing. How can you NOT dance when the band is playing 80's Canadian rock and the DJ is playing club music?  It was a lot of fun...so I had two more beer. I am trying to think if that was all but I recall some more beer...oh oh oh...I had a glass of water. Then two beers. I think I might have been DRUNK. You know what I think it was? Remember I said I couldn't remember what it was that I couldn't remember. I had a Strongbow before we went to the Lion's Den. THAT WAS WHY I WAS DRUNK. The only reason. Shouldn't mix your drinks. Or miss them, like I accidently typed first. LOL. 
I might remember demurely trying to dancing like a Felion too. Oh boy.
It really was the most fun.
Now I am paying the toll for the fun.
See ya'll later.
BTW...The BC Lions won The Grey Cup. GO LIONS!! Rawr. Mew. I am tired. 


Yeah, I might have tried this move. 
The Felions practicing. Yeah, I KNOW I tried this move.

There are no pictures of me all dressed up in Lion's gear (at least that's my story and I am sticking to it). I had to tell Eskie fans that I had Stockholm Syndrome. That my captors had dressed me like this! Imagine me in this gear, minus the hair, I had Felion hair. GRRRRR.
That's a not so recent picture of Mojo and C. It may have been on Friday night, but I have a feeling it's an older picture from another Grey Cup final. I believe I was wearing Mojo's jersey (the one in this pic) last night. It went down to my knees. I had beads too! And Felion hair. And I had a Lion's hoodie until it got too hot from the dancing. And Felion hair. I was dressed to the Vancouver Fashionista Grey Cup 9's. Did I tell you that my hair was not like in this picture? It was Felion. At least part of my body is in the same shape as theirs. 
I didn't go to the game today. Three hundred and fifty smackeroosies is a bit must a month before Yule. Mind you, I was offered a ticket at two hundred and was sorely tempted. 
I would have liked to go to the game if only for one aspect...
JANN ARDEN!!!!! You will find that I love her. Nevermind, I am going to go see her tomorrow. (S)talk to her. Get her to write in the book that I am going to buy about her. Then I am going to follow her...on twitter. You thought I was going to say "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment